What is Whatsapp
More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is free and offers simple, secure, reliable messaging and calling, available on phones all over the world. Even though it has been on the market for many years by now, WhatsApp Messenger remains one of the most popular mobile apps. It was so popular that Facebook bought it not too long ago, and the free instant messaging application just keeps getting better and better.
WhatsApp was founded by Jan Koum and Brian Acton who had previously spent 20 years combined at Yahoo. WhatsApp joined Facebook in 2014, but continues to operate as a separate app with a laser focus on building a messaging service that works fast and reliably anywhere in the world.
It used to be that you could only use this instant messenger on your smartphone. But because of all the possibilities for sharing photos and other files with WhatsApp, this became a problem for many users. They might need to share a file with coworkers in their work group, but they forgot to move the file off of their PC. Or maybe your best friend is sharing so many photos of the new baby that you have completely run out of space on your phone!
Create an Account: WhatsApp Online
WhatsApp online has been developed to help with these problems and many others. The official name of this program is WhatsApp Web. In this section, we’ll go through the steps to follow to create an account WhatsApp, and how to find the WhatsApp login so you can access your messenger wherever you go.
- First, make sure you have already installed WhatsApp mobile on your phone. WhatsApp online is an extension of your normal messenger, not its own independent account.
- You do not have to create a new account to use this service. Just make sure you have your phone handy. We’re about to go to the WhatsApp login on your computer.
- On your PC or Mac, go to the address web.whatsapp.com. This is essentially the WhatsApp login page that will allow you to sync your mobile account with the computer.
- You should see a square QR code on the computer screen.
- Now, go to your mobile WhatsApp account, and go to the options menu.
- Tap on the option called “Web” or “WhatsApp Web”. This will open a QR scanner on your phone.
- Point your phone camera at the code on the computer screen.
- In just a few seconds, you will be ready to use WhatsApp online.
Now, you can easily send and receive files through WhatsApp, even if they only exist on your computer. Creating a folder on your personal computer is a great way to store shared photos without taking up memory on your phone.
Keep in mind that this WhatsApp login will usually only be valid for your current browser session, and only if your mobile version remains online. Still, it’s always smart to log out before stepping away from a public or shared computer.