Most of the individuals love their cars and passionate about automobiles. A person who loves cars always tries to get a new car after every 3 or 4 years. Some of them also love keeping their old car for old times’ sake and for good memories
Some of the old cars are absolute, not road worthy and are of no use at all. But that doesn’t symbolize that you cannot receive any benefit from it. You can also get some hard cash for your absolute worthless old car.
There are numerous methods by which you can get rid of your former car such as donating the car for a charitable purpose, sell a car for scrap, selling it online if it is in the working conditions etc.
- Sell the car online: If your former car is in the working state, then you have the opportunity to sell the car online. There are numerous websites that buy second-hand cars. You can vend it easily on those websites. Before selling the car, find out the exact amount of the car and try selling it for the best rate. Whoever offers you for a better tariff, you can go ahead to that website. This will assist you to obtain a good amount of money.
- Sell your car for scrap: The other better choice to get rid of your former car is by selling the entire car for scrap. You can find a lot of ‘sell a car for scrap’ businesses online. Whichever scrap dealer gives you a better value; you can sell it to them.
- Donate the junk car for charity: There are numerous charity programs that permit you to donate your car to charity to help others. If you contribute your former car for charity, you will get a tax receipt for the market rate of your car. This tax receipt can be beneficial in the future for your income tax contribution. A charity may keep your automobile for its own utilisation, give it to someone in need or vend it for some money and also will send the entire car for recycling in return for some hard cash. Hence, Donating the old car to charity can be a healthy deal for both you and the organisation you give it to.
- Dismantle the spare parts: There is an immense market for the used components of the car. You can detach your car and vend all the spare units for some cash. You can sell electronic units like metal body panels, side windows, window motors, radios, engines, windshields, etc. These units can be sold for scrap as well.
Things to do before you sell your car:
Before you sell a car for scrap or online, make sure you go through the following steps:
- Remove all your personal goods from the car. Usually, we end up having our little personal stuff in the car.
- Return your license plates and cancel your car insurance. Try and transfer the ownership to the person to whom you are selling, be it the scrap dealer, second-hand car dealer etc.
- Advertise in your local area about car sale. You might get few responses for your advertisements regarding your car sale.
- Try using up your gasoline if you have any in the car.
Hence, by following the above different and simple methods, you can get rid of your old car soon and also receive a good amount of money for that.