Of the many types of tours that people undertake, when it comes to India, a lot of travellers tend to go on a tour of state. States like Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat etc are particularly famous for this kind of travelling.
People book cars or take transport from one place to another and tour a state. However it is rather a costly affair because you will constantly have to travel from one place to another. There are a number of ways through which you can actually cut back on the spending a little. Here are some ways that will help you spend your money wisely:
- One of the most effective ways of touring a state is either with a conductor tour with a group of friends and family, where the cost gets divided. Suppose there are two of you and you want to hire a car to travel from place A to place B and will cost you around Rs.5000. When there is two of you, the cost is high, but when there are four or more of you then this 5000 gets divided by the number of heads and hence the individual cost decreases. So always try to look for groups when travelling.
- If you are travelling on your own then do not pre book rooms for the short stays. When we tour a state there are a number of stays that we need to make for a couple of hours in some places, where do not even spend 24hours. So why then will you book a hotel and pay for a 24hours stay? Look for hotels with hourly basis rooms and rooms for unmarried couples where you will be charged on a hourly basis and hence you will end up saving a lot of money.
- Cut down the cost on your travel. When in a group you can travel comfortably by taking a car or even hiring a bus when the group is big enough. But when on your own or just with your family, opt for the means of travel which are cheaper. For example, even if buses will take more time than cars, opt for buses. Cut back on the luxuries of travel and you will see that at the end of the day you have saved up a lot more than you had expected.
- When it comes to booking a place for a long stay, like say in the main city of the state, always look for budget hotels which will provide you with modest accommodations and are fair priced. Do not opt for cheap hotels in a bid to save money because if you do not get the right rest, you will not be able to enjoy the tour.
- Always have a plan ready from beforehand as to where you will be going after which place. If you go without a plan, you will inevitably end up spending more, especially if you are going to this place for the first time.
Keep these very important factors in mind when it comes to touring a state, in order to save money.